SC Salt ("us, "we")are based in the United Kingdom. We take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we collect from you when using our website and when dealing with us; as well as how we use this data and how we ensure that your data is kept private.
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 SC Salt and its employees are responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of SC Salt who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject's attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3.1 Who are we?
SC Salt ("us, "we") are a sea salt manufacturer based in the Isles of Scilly in the United Kingdom.
Our data protection representative can be contacted here:
Data Protection Representative
Isles of Scilly
The personal data types we collect and store (depending on what you provide), is:
- "Account data" - This may include name, email address, phone number and street address.
- "Enquiry data" - this may include information about your particular enquiry with us and the products/services associated with it.
- "Customer Relationship data" - this includes information about our relationship, and may include communications between us and you. This is used to ensure we can provide the best service for you. This is provided by you when communicating via email, our ticket system, or other communications.
- "Transactional data" - this includes information about purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website. This includes specific transaction data, address information, payment information, and IP address (when ordered online). We do not store card payment details, card payments are processed using PayPal for customer security.
The personal data we collect is used for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling sales, service or support contract requirement
- Handling sales/service enquiries
- Enabling us to better run our website and services
- Run anti-fraud checks (non-sensitive payment information and IP address)
- Marketing relevant product & industry news (only when consent is provided)
Our legal basis for processing personal data:
- Contract, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Consent - For example when you provide consent for us to contact you with direct marketing
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, create an account, make an enquiry, or otherwise provide your data to us for a purpose, we imply that you consent to this privacy notice and are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by submitting copy of our Withdrawal of Consent Procedure here link
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to SC Salt in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the required service (e.g. a courier company for the delivery of goods to you).
3.4 Retention period
SC Salt will process personal data only for as long as necessary for the purpose or purposes the data was collected. We will store the personal data for up to a period of two years, except for when the data is required for longer for tax or legal obligations.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that SC Salt refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by SC Salt (or third parties as described in 3.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and SC Salt data protection representatives.
The details for each of these contacts are:
SC Salt contact details
Data Protection Representative, SC Salt
Isles of Scilly
Supervisory authority contact details
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
3.7 Online Privacy statement
For more information about how and why we use your personal data online, please see our Online Privacy Statement below.
4. Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
"any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
How we use your information
This privacy statement tells you how we, SC Salt, will collect and use your personal information, in order to ensure we can provide you with the best service possible.
- When you create an account with us, use a contact form, place an order, or otherwise provide us with your personal information; we collect information such as your name, email address, phone number and address. This is collected to allow us to provide you with the service which you have requested (such as process an order or provide a quotation)
- When you place an order with us on our website we also collect your public IP address. This is collected as part of our anti-fraud measures to help protect us and our customers.
- If you provide your consent, we may contact you with occasional marketing emails relevant to your interests, such as product releases, special offers, news and other updates. We will never pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for the purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will SC Salt share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to SC Salt in the course of dealing with you for the sole purpose of assisting us to provide our service to you, and strictly for this purpose only. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, in compliance with GDPR, and to use them only to fulfil the required service (e.g. a courier company for the delivery of goods to you). When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with SC Salt procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will SC Salt use the personal data it collects about me?
SC Salt will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. SC Salt is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will SC Salt contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that SC Salt holds about me?
SC Salt at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. You can also request for your information to be corrected or deleted as required. For any questions on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Isles of Scilly
Information regarding online dispute resolution pursuant to Art. 14 Para. 1 of the ODR (Online Dispute Resolution Regulation):
The European Commission gives consumers the opportunity to resolve online disputes pursuant to Art. 14 Para. 1 of the ODR on one of their platforms. The platform (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr) serves as a site where consumers can try to reach out-of-court settlements of disputes arising from online purchases and contracts for services.